Some years ago, there was an international project meant to ease communication across different countries of the world. It was called Esperanto, and it was supposed to be a language with words taken from many languages, in order to create a new language intelligible by everybody.
These days, whenever I hear “can you digg this for me please”, or “I’d appreciate a Stumble, or a reddit, or a sphinn”, I remember Esperanto. Somebody who would enter the online life today would have to learn the language first, before establishing a good communication with others.
Last year, the word “Sphinn” was added to the social networking vocabulary. Now, I’m making it the topic of this group writing project, and I invite you all to participate.
“How Do You Sphinn Today” Group Writing Project Rules
- Write a post on your blog and share with us how do you integrate Sphinn into your blogging, work, tell us about your good or bad experience, how would you compare Sphinn with other social networking sites, what do you like or don’t like about it, how did you benefit from becoming a frequent user of this site, what secrets have you learned about it, what tips or warnings would you like to inform others about?
- Contact me (simonne at alltipsandtricks dot com) with your name, email and a permalink to your post. If you don’t have your own blog, you can always write a guest post on my blog, or simply send me your thoughts by contacting me in person.
- Once I collect the links from all participants and publish them on my blog, you can write another post and link to either all or only your favourite articles by other bloggers.
- You are allowed to contribute only one article per project/site. You are more than welcome to visit other participating blogs that host projects dedicated to the different social media sites and take part in those projects by submitting your articles about other social networking sites.
- Time frame:
- Submissions start: Monday, January 21st
- Submissions end: Friday, February 22nd
- I will publish all entries on my blog on February 25th
- Collaborative entries (please read below) will be published on InspirationBit, on February 29th
“How Do You Sphinn Today” Is Not Alone
This project’s brothers (and sisters) are:
- digg and reddit. Host: Vivien from InspirationBit
- del.icio.us. Host: Aaron Stroud from On Financial Success
- Facebook. Host: Ina from Inspiring Wear
- Flickr & Zooomr. Host: Brian Auer from Epic Edits
- Twitter, LinkedIn. Host: Isabella Mori from Change Therapy and Alphablogs
- StumbleUpon, YouTube, MySpace. Host: Karen Zara from a1-fan-fun
- Second Life. Host Dandellion from Metaverse
- Mixx, Netscape, Squidoo. Host: Pearl from Fresh Perspectives
- Sk*rt, Blogging Zoom. Host: JHS from Colloquium
- Monica from Me Like the Interweb: Technorati
If you have something to say about your experience with any of the social networking sites mentioned above, you are welcome to share it in writing and send it to the respective baby group project. The deadline is the same for all of them. You can’t submit the same article to more than one baby group project, but this will allow you, for example, to delight your readers with a mini-series of articles about social media.
The idea of this mega-project is to uncover advantages and drawbacks for each of the social sites, in order to allow the readers to choose which ones fit better for their blogs.
Now I’m getting personal: the more submissions I get, the bigger are my chances to win this competition with my above mentioned buddies. Will you help me build the most successful project of all?
Later update: the project was extended until March 20th, so there is still time for you to write about Sphinn and contribute to this group.