Maintaining a healthy diet in all seasons is many people’s concern in our modern world, when junk foods are overwhelming us and our children with their flavors and taste which are some times irresistible. Summer is the best season for nutrition variations, as a wide range of fruits and vegetables is now available. Our summer healthy diet should be based on as many raw fruits and vegetables. Every summer, I even succeed to get a few kilos off my fat belly, without starving or living with a permanent sensation of hunger. Here is my fitness receipt for the good, nourishing, healthy diet in the summer:
– I eat 5 or 6 meals per day. If you eat at small intervals, then you don’t need to eat so much at once, so overall, the total food intake per one day is smaller than in the case of eating only twice a day huge food portions
– In the morning, I eat mostly fruits. Actually, when I wake up, I have a big glass of fresh fruit juice (without added sugar). Then I have the breakfast after 30 minutes. This usually consists of a mix of fruits such as: water melon, plums, pears, apples and pineapple. I’ve read that raw foods can make a very healthy diet, giving you much more energy than cooked meals. So you can try such things as a banana diet and see if it works for you.
– At noon, I have a light lunch, consisting of various vegetables, prepared together in a frying pan, with a little bit of olive oil and a mix of spices. This is funny, as if you vary the spices, you can cook the same thing several days in a row and get different tastes.
– The next meal comes after a few hours and it consists of a slice of cheese or a small yoghurt
– In the evening I have a small steak or a slice of fish, cooked in the oven, with pepper, garlic, tomatoes and olive oil
– The last snack of the day can be some chocolate or ice cream, or a green pepper with salt, or some tomatoes and peppers salad (whatever I feel in the mood to eat that day or whatever is available in the fridge
As a general rule, I don’t mix fruits with other foods, because I noticed this causes bloating (and recently I read some articles about nutrition which advised to eat fruits separately from other aliments because the way they are digested is different, so in case they are mixed, they ferment and the digestion takes much longer).
A second rule, but also important is not to drink anything during meals or immediately after them. I don’t know why this is good for the body, but I noticed an improvement when doing like that so I decided to stick to this habit.
The third rule is that there is no rule: if you feel like changing this schedule, then do it, as you can start again tomorrow. Wasn’t is a song with lyrics like this: “tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life”? So, tomorrow can be the first day of your healthy diet.
1 Trackback / Pingback
- Questions About Laser Hair Removal » All Tips and Tricks
Comments are closed.